Many foreign citizens need a visa to visit Norway. All information related to visa can be found at Norwegian Directorate for Immigration (UDI).
If you require a visa please contact Kongress & Kultur at (and substitute the -at- with an @) in good time before the conference. Kongress & Kultur will provide you with the invitation letter required for the Norwegian visa.
As a rule, in addition to a completed application form and an invitation letter you must include:
- Passport photo/other photo which meets the set requirements.
- Copy of all used pages in your passport.
- Documentation of own funds for the stay or a guarantee declaration issued by the reference person.
- A case processing fee is payable for visa applications, whatever the outcome. The fee must be paid when you submit your application.
- Documentation of valid travel and medical insurance (minimum cover of EUR 30,000) must be shown before the visa can be issued.
Please note that documentation requirements vary from country to country and are subject to change. Separate rules apply to foreign nationals for whom a visa is required and who come under the EEA agreement or the EFTA convention.
The application must be submitted in person at the nearest Norwegian Foreign Service mission. In some cases, applications may be sent to Norway for processing by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration.
If your application is processed at a Norwegian Foreign Service mission, it normally takes around two weeks before you receive a reply to your application. If your application is forwarded to Norway and the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration, the processing time will be longer. Updated information on case processing times can be found here.